Monday, May 16, 2022

Meet My Endurance Horse: Om El Jadon



by Merri Melde-Endurance.net

Om El Jadon, aka Niño
8-year-old gelding by Om El Bellissimo X Om El Jinaah
Arabian
owned by Nina Bomar

1415 miles
2 Best Conditions

Nina Bomar picked out “Niño” as a yearling from the breeders at Om El Arabians in Santa Ynez, California. “I have several of their horses and I love them all. They have sweet temperaments, they’re gorgeous and they’re smart!” Nina says.

Their first ride together in 2020 was the Antelope Island 50 in Utah. “He was such a good boy except for when he was being eaten by the mosquitos. I must’ve used a gallon of fly spray that weekend trying to keep them off him. He got huge welts from them biting him. We had such a beautiful ride on the island and amongst the wild buffalo. He proved to me that he was brilliant and trustworthy!”

They have since completed 27 out of 28 starts together, including several multi-days, and their first 100 in February of this year at the 20 Mule Team.

“[My husband] Juan once told me that someone at a ride told him that Om El bred horses are purely halter show horses… I just laugh. Niño is exceptionally athletic and super brave. He has never shown any weakness and I trust him with my life.

"If I were to liken Niño to a human being, he would most likely resemble Juan. He’s bold, outspoken, and a little bossy. He can also be annoying and kinda pushy. They both love to eat and they’re so much fun to be with, regardless of what we’re doing… 

“They’re hard-working, very handsome and I love that they’re authentic and honest.

“Niño has been a lot of fun and he’s full of personality, grit and superb athleticism. I love him!”

No comments:

Post a Comment